15. How accessible is the school environment?
As a two storey new build (October 2013) our school conforms to the latest building accessibility regulations including the following features:
- Disabled parking spot marked and located next to the school reception
- A toilet on each floor adapted to ensure access to children and visitors with a disability (including hoists), plus one in nursery unit.
- Sound field system throughout the school to ensure access to the spoken curriculum for all children
- Lift access to upper floor
- Doorways to all rooms and corridors are suitably wide enough for wheelchair access
- Paint scheme compliant for children and visitors with visual impairment